The signs of vaginal infections differ depending on the source of the infection.
- Bacterial infections usually result in a yellowish-white or grayish-white discharge. This discharge may have a fishy odour that is noticeable immediately after sex.
- Itching is a common symptom of yeast infections. If there is a discharge, it may be thick and white, resembling cottage cheese.
- Trichomoniasis is a bacterial infection that causes itching and odour in the vaginal region. This infection causes a greenish-yellow discharge that can be frothy.
Some vaginal infections cause no symptoms at all. Most common Vaginal Infection Symptoms are:
- Vaginal itching
- Changes in the volume of vaginal discharge
- Changes in the colour of the vaginal discharge
- Urinary pain or burning
- Pain during sexual activity
- Vaginal leakage or spotting